Archive for December, 2011
@CitizenSpace Holiday Party 2k11
All year long, Citizen Space has been a treasure trove of awesome new ideas, innovations, and has been the new home of a ton of super cool, creative endeavors. Although we’re all-casual for the whole year, the workspace has seen many all-day and all-nighters, and let’s face it: in such a collaborative space, work becomes fun and fun becomes work and before you know it, you’re always working!
So, to give thanks to all of our members, various event sponsors, community partners, and all of our Citizen Spacer’s from the Bay Area (and afar) for a year’s worth of hard work, innovation, and collaboration with Citizen Space…..We’re throwin’ a party!
On Wednesday, December 21, 2011, we’re hosting the @CitizenSpace Holiday Party 2k11 at our SoMa, SF location. Come unwind and network with some of the awesome people that all, in some way or another, are a part of of the Citizen Space #coworking network! There’s going to be some drinks, snacks, games, tweets….and dessert. Although we will have some things supplied, please do feel free to show us your best holiday treat cooking- you won’t hear us complaining!
The party will take place from 7:00pm to 10:00pm. We are located at the intersection of 2nd Street & Harrison, building #425. You will enter through the loading dock.
Hope to see you all there! Let Matt know if you have any questions: firstname.lastname@example.org.
PS- Matt’s even going to bake a batch of festive vegan holiday cookies. Will it be….dark chocolate chip? Half-baked brownies? Or maybe even Macadamian Nut? Tweet your ideas to @CitizenSpace, and I’ll make the best one.
Citizen Space is the world’s first coworking space, located at 425 2nd Street in the SoMa district of San Francisco. The idea of Citizen Space is to take the best elements of a coffee shop (social, energetic, creative) and the best elements of a workspace (productive, functional), and combine them to give indie workers the chance to have their own, affordable office space. Citizen Space was built on the coworking philosophy. Our residents (past and present) range from: software engineers, web developers, social media consultants/strategists, graphic designers, product designers, public relations specialists, and sustainable web hosting entrepreneurs. Check us out today!
We love what we do — and it shows! Citizen Events is the new division of Citizen Space which creates and runs “fun and educational experiences for people” across the world. From events like Route to India cooking classes & Wine Tastings to Photography classes on weekends to Entrepreneurial events, your job is to dream up amazingly fun and educational experiences for fun smart people to do near their city. Each city has 1 full-time Experience Manager who creates the events and manages a part-time staff of Experience Coordinators to ensure that our events and classes are incredible.
As a part-time Experience manager you are responsible for the execution of our events from concept to execution. Whether you are handling talent booking, location scouting, customer registration, giving a welcome speech, or initiating a dance party, you are engaging with our customers and making sure that everyone is having a great time. Experience Managers should be smart, dynamic, friendly, and full of life — they are the heartbeat of our new division!
Passion combined with healthy doses of contagious energy, smarts and fun — then sprinkle in a sense of humor — that’s us! Basically, we’re the ones you take home to meet Mom.
What does an Experience Manager do?
• Books locations, talent, sources experience partners, works with our re-seller network to book dates, publishes events and classes to our sites
• Acts as the “face” of Citizen Space throughout the course of the event: engages with everyone while still maintaining full control of the event, from logistics to safety
• Pays attention to every detail and ensures that each event is run seamlessly
• Ensure that our customers are having fun and enjoying the event
• Manages event coordinators for each experience assuring quality control of experiences and classes
• Four-year Bachelor’s degree
• Dynamic, engaging and exciting personality
• A great sense of humor
• Consistently fun with a strong work ethic
• Preferably 2+ years of professional experience
• Demonstrated social leadership in various facets of life
• Ability to be “on” for a full day or weekend
• Flexibility – you have to be willing to run a Hackathon event one weekend and a cooking class the next week, followed by a beer tasting the week after
This position can quickly become full time for the right candidate!
Send resumes to email@example.com (please do not call)