Archive for June, 2013
Description: Sales Associate
Locations: San Francisco, Detroit, Atlanta, Miami, LA, Las Vegas
About Mingle Media:
Mingle provides data driven marketing solutions that are proven to increase conversion rates across websites, online advertising, email programs and offline sales channels. With a real-time profiling engine that understands each individual’s interests and buying propensity, Mingle enables companies to deliver highly relevant and personalized interactions across the entire customer lifecycle.
Mingle helps brands to engage in real time, one-to-one communication across the entire customer lifecycle. We don’t place visitors in predefined segments or lifestyle “buckets.” Our proprietary software measures a wide variety of data to develop deep qualitative profiles and calculate a customer’s true interests, as well as his or her propensity to buy in real time.
- Successfully identify, call on and close new business on both the agency and client sides.
- Maximize revenues through platform cross selling
- Utilizes sales reporting and management of systems for sales efficiency, forecasting, planning, communication and client tracking
- Implement forward-thinking policies aimed at developing and improving customer retention and satisfaction
- Provide feedback to improve marketing and sales efforts
- Experience selling digital media solutions and/or enterprise software solutions related to the digital advertising landscape
- Proven track record of closing new business and maintaining current accounts with annual contract value of over six figures
- Experience selling to Director of Marketing level, with Online/Digital focus an advantage
- Big picture thinker, with the ability to both understand the total value proposition of our client’s properties, as well as to get things done and close deals
- Ability to recognize needs of all levels of marketing organization from technical SEM/bid optimization needs, to higher level strategic benefit of PPC campaigns across multiple channels
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and analytical tools used to plan and manage sales activities
- Superior ethics and integrity in all business dealings
Knowledge of ad serving solutions from the client side is a plus
- The candidate should know the business and be able to understand and explain complex technical applications & data driven marketing solutions
- The candidate should understand business environments of various complexities and to address these with the right sales approach
- Bachelors Degree required
Email your resume for consideration to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are looking for a talented and enthusiastic strategy intern who really embraces new challenges.
Our strategy department is responsible for identifying the opportunities in digital for our clients through understanding people and how digital technology affects their behavior, delivering strategies that move people closer to our client’s brand, and helping to develop creative solutions that meet the needs of both our clients and their consumers. The department relies on creative thinkers with a healthy obsession with digital technology, who are driven to discover what makes people tick.
The Strategy department at Mingle consists of designers, digital strategists, data analysts, UX specialists, and community managers and you’ll be given the chance to learn from all of them. However, you’ll really get to develop your skills and experience when you get to work with wider agency and take ownership of your own projects.
You’ll need to be a fast learner, who’s prepared to work across a range of work and embrace new challenges on a daily basis.
You must be interested in:
- Digital technology, social media, and platforms
- Getting under the skin of brands and consumers
Skills we’d love to see:
- A combination of analytical skills, curiosity, and a strong interest in people
- Experience with Lean UX, and Lean Startup Methodologies
- Super brownie points if you can code in HTML/CSS
- Written communication skills
- Ability to construct and deliver presentations quickly
- Competent numeracy skills and ability to work with large amounts of data
- Able to work as part of team
- Ability simplify and pull out key insights from large amounts of data and research
- Ability to work under pressure
Start Date: July 1, 2013
Duration: 2 months
How to apply: Please send your CV and tell us in no more than 250 words why you should be our next intern. Applicants who submit creative videos will be given preference.
We offer you a great environment to work with passionate people in a dynamic and highly successful agency.
Hey there, we’re Mingle Media, the hottest new digital agency in San Francisco. We’re taking advertising and flipping it on its head with a 100% real time data approach to media buying.
We’re looking for someone who’s as obsessed with clean design & data as we are. You’ll work under the direction of our expert Design and Marketing team leader to enhance our users’ visual experience. We look for people with bold ideas, opinions, and an interest in what we do. This is a great opportunity to learn loads in a super fast-paced environment and sharpen your teeth on the quick-growing market of social, & mobile advertising.
- Are creative.
- Work well with others.
- Have a keen eye and attention to detail.
- Are passionate about typography.
- Have Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and preferably InDesign skills.
- Know what good photography looks like (bonus points if you’re a photographer yourself).
- Will get extra triple super bonus points if you’re an illustrator.
- Love to turn around work swiftly and efficiently.
- Understands & appreciates design thinking
- Pick things up quickly.
- Offer the opportunity to join a promising company at an early stage of growth.
- Promise your input will make a difference. You’ll be involved in everything from brainstorming straight through to delivery and implementation.
- Have a diverse staff from various backgrounds and a great company culture.
- Awesome loft style office located in the heart of SOMA, the hub of startup activity in San Francisco
Email your resume to email@example.com, and make sure you include a link to a portfolio, all resumes submitted with out a portfolio link will not be considered for the position. You can also follow Mingle on Twitter for more info!
For too long, entrepreneurs have launched new ideas with the assumption that “if you build it, they will come.” However, the Information Age has flipped that concept on its head.
Today, strategists have a world of data at their fingertips. They don’t have to just build something and hope customers respond. They can see in real time whether that market exists, as well as what they and their friends respond to most. Consequently, the successful businesses are those who pay attention to changes in customer behavior, then continually iterate their product or service to respond to those changes.
This concept formed the foundation of the Lean Startup movement – an idea popularized by famed Silicon Valley entrepreneur Eric Ries. In this video, Alistair Croll, Solve for Interesting founder and “Lean Analytics” author, explains how companies can leverage new technologies to find and use the data to support this startup process.
He suggests companies:
Pinpoint the business’s most important metric for growth (e.g. revenue)
Identify the business model’s riskiest aspect
Establish a Minimum Viable Product, or a strategy to test the risk against the growth metric
Analyze the results
Modify the business model based on the results
Repeat the process until you discover your market
Watch the video below to learn more about how companies such as Flickr, AirBnB.com and Twitter have successfully implemented this model.