Archive for September, 2013
As CoLearn seeks to bring more of its educational offerings online, we need a business-oriented product lead who will guide the strategic development of online courses. The PM will be responsible for content, and lead a team with a designer, subject matter experts and several engineers.
What does this mean?
Long-form courses are the centerpiece of CoLearn business. With stand-alone programs covering topics ranging from digital marketing to web programming to user experience design, these ten- to sixteen-week courses are delivered in-person in COLEARN’s target markets.
As CoLearn grows and encounters the constraints of classroom-based learning, we need to bring our core programs online. Initially, bringing content online will allow COLEARN to adopt a “flipped” classroom model, enabling students to watch and absorb course content online while maintaining a schedule of in-person discussion and project sessions at one of our campuses. With success, this hybrid model may pave the way for fully-online courses.
In addition, there is significant demand from CoLearn enterprise clients for interactive online content. In many cases, the programs requested by our clients are very similar to offline consumer-focused course content, and significant synergies may be found by combining online content development for the consumer and enterprise businesses into one team.
- Collaborate with CoLearn senior management team and business unit owners to define and map out a product roadmap for bringing COLEARN’s course content online. Understand the economics as well as instructional requirements of each course, and leverage this to build an informed plan.
- Translate that product roadmap into a backlog, and manage the day-to-day execution to launch the right product at the right time with the right quality.
- Collaborate with developers to design UX and wireframes. There will be some design resources available but it will be the PM’s responsibility to excel at thinking through user interface workflows and getting functional designs implemented. It doesn’t have to be beautiful, but people should love using it.
- Understand the customer, both individual students and enterprise clients. Spend time with the customer and use these insights to inform product decisions.
- Manage a diverse team including designers, content developers and software engineers. Keep the team focused on the goal while encouraging experimentation and fun.
- You have significant previous product management experience, including working directly with designers and engineers to ship the right product at the right time with the right quality.
- You understand the needs of the business. You design metrics with which to maintain focus and measure success.
- You exercise short-term pragmatism while maintaining long-term vision.
- You can motivate and inspire a team with diverse perspectives.
- Your analytical mind is combined with creativity and confidence to understand the challenges faced by online delivery and craft practical solutions.
Position is full-time in SF with competitive salary, stock options and great benefits. Benefits include: iPhone (or equivalent) + cell plan, Mac book Air, medical + dental insurance, MTA transit credit, and free COLEARN classes space permitting.
Send resumes for consideration to: email@example.com
Seeking an Associate Producer – Education Programming, San Francisco
We’re hiring an Associate Education Producer for our new event /educational space, CoLearn. We are finishing up construction for a planned October 1 opening.
The Associate Producer will be a member of the core CoLearn team, assisting with the day to day operations of the production of classes, workshops and events.
Your day to day will consist of:
Classes and Workshop Production-
- Identify new class topics/ideas and new instructors
- Coordinate and schedule new and existing classes and workshops
- Review instructor curriculum outlines and presentations
- You will serve as the front line for all incoming customer service inquiries by email, phone, and in person
- Provide thoughtful and strategic advice helping customers solve their educational needs
- Be a Co Learn ambassador, and communicate with potential students, instructors, and partners on the CoLearn brand effectively
Classes and Workshop Coordination:
- Assist the San Francisco production team with the process of making classes, workshops and events live on the COLEARN website.
- Translate instructor class notes to copy
- Coordinate with the design team to ensure necessary digital images are completed before making event live
- Coordinate with operations team on space planning and staffing needs
- Create class, workshop or event on Eventbrite
- Create class, workshop or event on the CoLearn Website (word press)
- Communicate with CoLearn instructors
- Notify instructors when class is live, and provide instructor promotional tools
- Provide post-class student feedback to instructors after class is completed to help improve the quality of classes, workshops and events
- Schedule meetings and ensure teammates are meeting deadlines
We’re looking for:
- A self starter with extreme attention to detail
- Somebody who is technically savvy and a quick learner
- Somebody with a bias for action and willingness to work hard because you love what we’re doing
- An individual who is self aware, positive and excited to learn and grow with CoLearn
- Someone who loves and values practical education and entrepreneurship
- A people person with a customer service approach to all work
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with great attention to detail
- A passion for problem solving
- Work well under pressure and complete projects on time
- Proficient computer skills, particularly in Excel and Google Docs
- Strong work ethic with a positive attitude and energy
- Experience working with customers
- Some project management experience
- Experience working in a startup environment a bonus
- Must be able to lift/carry up to 20 lbs.
Nice to Have:
- Experience with Eventbrite
- Experience using WordPress or other CMS software
- Experience using Asana or other project management software
Email all resumes for consideration to: firstname.lastname@example.org