Citizen Space is a coworking space in San Francisco, and San Jose. The SF space is located at 425 Second St on the ground floor. It is generally open from 10am – 6pm weekdays. The San Jose space is at 12 South 1st Street, on the Third floor in suite 318.
The idea of Citizen Space is to take the best elements of a coffee shop (social, energetic, creative) and the best elements of a workspace (productive, functional) and combine them to give indie workers the chance to have their own, affordable space. Citizen Space was built on the coworking philosophy. Our residents (past and present) range from: startups, software engineers, web developers, social media consultants/strategists, graphic designers, product designers, public relations specialists, and sustainable web hosting entrepreneurs.
Day-tripping and casual guests can visit for a small fee of $8 an hour, and $20 a day, but you must follow our ground rulez and be a good neighbor. If you want to leave your stuff, we rent out desks $400-425/month. We also hold various events at our and classes space and are happy to consider making our facilities available for event hosting.
Other links of interest
- Come to EVENTS at the space. Subscribe to our Google Calendar feed
- Learn More about the residents of Citizen Space.
- Read the story of Citizen Space.
- Check out all of the other coworking spaces that are in the process of opening around the world.
- Check out our Library.
- Animal lover? So are we! Read our Pet Policy.
- Find out what amenities we do and don’t have to offer.