Archive for 'Colearn'
Last year we established a residency program to encourage the worlds DOER’S to succeed with their projects they would like to launch from our bay area location.
A total of 5 DOER’s or “startups” will receive free full-time resident access to a Citizen Space for three months valued at $425 per month. The Citizen-in-Residence can take advantage of both the physical spaces & the communal resources.
In exchange, they work on a project of their choosing that help the “COWORKING” community at large, documenting their progress through our social presences on Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube. At the end of the residency, Citizens-in-Residence do a presentation to members of the space about their project.
Accepted Applicants will be announced one week prior to the residency start date. The first residency will start March 3, 2014 and the application process begins Tuesday, January 28, 2014.
We are seeking support from your company to help us make this program a success. If your company or you personally would like to sponsor this program, please email us: email@example.com
As CoLearn seeks to bring more of its educational offerings online, we need a business-oriented product lead who will guide the strategic development of online courses. The PM will be responsible for content, and lead a team with a designer, subject matter experts and several engineers.
What does this mean?
Long-form courses are the centerpiece of CoLearn business. With stand-alone programs covering topics ranging from digital marketing to web programming to user experience design, these ten- to sixteen-week courses are delivered in-person in COLEARN’s target markets.
As CoLearn grows and encounters the constraints of classroom-based learning, we need to bring our core programs online. Initially, bringing content online will allow COLEARN to adopt a “flipped” classroom model, enabling students to watch and absorb course content online while maintaining a schedule of in-person discussion and project sessions at one of our campuses. With success, this hybrid model may pave the way for fully-online courses.
In addition, there is significant demand from CoLearn enterprise clients for interactive online content. In many cases, the programs requested by our clients are very similar to offline consumer-focused course content, and significant synergies may be found by combining online content development for the consumer and enterprise businesses into one team.
- Collaborate with CoLearn senior management team and business unit owners to define and map out a product roadmap for bringing COLEARN’s course content online. Understand the economics as well as instructional requirements of each course, and leverage this to build an informed plan.
- Translate that product roadmap into a backlog, and manage the day-to-day execution to launch the right product at the right time with the right quality.
- Collaborate with developers to design UX and wireframes. There will be some design resources available but it will be the PM’s responsibility to excel at thinking through user interface workflows and getting functional designs implemented. It doesn’t have to be beautiful, but people should love using it.
- Understand the customer, both individual students and enterprise clients. Spend time with the customer and use these insights to inform product decisions.
- Manage a diverse team including designers, content developers and software engineers. Keep the team focused on the goal while encouraging experimentation and fun.
- You have significant previous product management experience, including working directly with designers and engineers to ship the right product at the right time with the right quality.
- You understand the needs of the business. You design metrics with which to maintain focus and measure success.
- You exercise short-term pragmatism while maintaining long-term vision.
- You can motivate and inspire a team with diverse perspectives.
- Your analytical mind is combined with creativity and confidence to understand the challenges faced by online delivery and craft practical solutions.
Position is full-time in SF with competitive salary, stock options and great benefits. Benefits include: iPhone (or equivalent) + cell plan, Mac book Air, medical + dental insurance, MTA transit credit, and free COLEARN classes space permitting.
Send resumes for consideration to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Seeking an Associate Producer – Education Programming, San Francisco
We’re hiring an Associate Education Producer for our new event /educational space, CoLearn. We are finishing up construction for a planned October 1 opening.
The Associate Producer will be a member of the core CoLearn team, assisting with the day to day operations of the production of classes, workshops and events.
Your day to day will consist of:
Classes and Workshop Production-
- Identify new class topics/ideas and new instructors
- Coordinate and schedule new and existing classes and workshops
- Review instructor curriculum outlines and presentations
- You will serve as the front line for all incoming customer service inquiries by email, phone, and in person
- Provide thoughtful and strategic advice helping customers solve their educational needs
- Be a Co Learn ambassador, and communicate with potential students, instructors, and partners on the CoLearn brand effectively
Classes and Workshop Coordination:
- Assist the San Francisco production team with the process of making classes, workshops and events live on the COLEARN website.
- Translate instructor class notes to copy
- Coordinate with the design team to ensure necessary digital images are completed before making event live
- Coordinate with operations team on space planning and staffing needs
- Create class, workshop or event on Eventbrite
- Create class, workshop or event on the CoLearn Website (word press)
- Communicate with CoLearn instructors
- Notify instructors when class is live, and provide instructor promotional tools
- Provide post-class student feedback to instructors after class is completed to help improve the quality of classes, workshops and events
- Schedule meetings and ensure teammates are meeting deadlines
We’re looking for:
- A self starter with extreme attention to detail
- Somebody who is technically savvy and a quick learner
- Somebody with a bias for action and willingness to work hard because you love what we’re doing
- An individual who is self aware, positive and excited to learn and grow with CoLearn
- Someone who loves and values practical education and entrepreneurship
- A people person with a customer service approach to all work
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with great attention to detail
- A passion for problem solving
- Work well under pressure and complete projects on time
- Proficient computer skills, particularly in Excel and Google Docs
- Strong work ethic with a positive attitude and energy
- Experience working with customers
- Some project management experience
- Experience working in a startup environment a bonus
- Must be able to lift/carry up to 20 lbs.
Nice to Have:
- Experience with Eventbrite
- Experience using WordPress or other CMS software
- Experience using Asana or other project management software
Email all resumes for consideration to: email@example.com
Since taking over Citizen Space in 2011 I have been on a mission to secure some perks for our members that will make Citizen Space membership not just a great place to work, but a great “network” to be connected to!
Today we are happy to announce that starting on International Coworking Day all members who travel to NYC will have a place to work while on the road thanks to our pals @Fueled Collective NYC, and any Fueled Collective member now has a place to call home away from home in SOMA.
Citizen Full, and Citizen Lite members will enjoy $25 a month in Task Rabbit credits. This is great for simple tasks to help you on your path link laundry services, grocery shopping, and even data entry.
All Citizen Space members already enjoy a rate for rooms at the W in San Francisco of $259, and $299. This rate is last room availability. Guest room rates are subject to our state tax of 15.62 %. The W Hotel average regular non member rates range is $549.00 – $579.00. Preferred rates are applicable to single or double occupancy and will be confirmed based on the specific room inventory available at the time a reservation is made. Call our member services desks for more info at 415-501-9155
Please drop in all week for free day passes , and come celebrate 7 years of coworking this Friday all day!
“A Nicer Place to Work”
This code camp though is not a “one day and your done” code camp. On the contrary, this FREE code camp is unique in that is it lasts ALL WEEKEND. That’s right; you have 2 days to make it out to this FREE event. The Silicon Valley Code Camp will be held this Saturday, October 3rd, 2009 and this Sunday October 4th, 2009 at Foothill College in Los Altos, CA.
There is slated to be 150 sessions at this year’s code camp covering over 75+ topics. Add to that there are already over 1,200 people registered for this year’s code camp. So if you live or will be in the Silicon Valley area and are interested in networking with other developers and learning new skills (and in this tough economy, who isn’t?), then you should make it out to the Silicon Valley Code Camp.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siliconvalley-codecamp.com