Archive for 'Designers'
On August 9, 2013, Citizen Space, the world’s first coworking space, will celebrate its 7 year anniversary and the global coworking movement with “International Coworking Day 2013”.
International Coworking Day will be celebrated all over the world and will focus on freelancers, independents, & startup businesses who have chosen to “work collaboratively together”.
There already exists a global sense of community among people who have a dedication to collaborating, communicating and working together in a shared space. If you want to join in on the discussion, and get a sense of the buzz and enthusiasm that is being generated to create spaces like Citizen Space globally, please do so at http://discuss.coworking.com/.
The general concept of coworking is simple; Freelancers, startups, independent professionals, or anyone with workplace flexibility who happens to work better when collaborating, rather than alone, come together in a shared workspace. Those who get involved agree to uphold the values set out by the movement’s founders, as well as communicate and socially interact with one another. It is all about creating a better working environment for entrepreneurs to get productivity flowing.
Working alone is a nice idea on the face of it. Those who work in an office environment will readily tell you how they would love to sit at home in their dressing gown and get up and make a cup of coffee every now and then. The truth is that there are a number of distractions that can slow down your production. There is also the loneliness and solitude that comes with working home alone. There are a number of stories and testimonials that support the general idea of International Co-working Day on August 9; read some of the stories here -http://coworking.com/coworkingstories.pdf and see if coworking can transform the way you work.
History Citizen Space:
In 2006 Tara Hunt & Chris Messina along with Brad Neuberg (Hat Factory) and a few others launched Citizen Space. Citizen Space became the first stand-alone “work” only shared space using the “coworking” label to describe a new type of collaborative space.
Citizen Space was acquired by Toby & Gina Morning in 2011, and continues to operate the world’s first coworking space in the heart of San Francisco’s SOMA district at 425 Second Street, Suite 100, San Francisco, Ca, 94107.
For more info, and & tours please contact our Member Services Desk:
Citizen Spaces Coworking Inc
We are looking for a talented and enthusiastic strategy intern who really embraces new challenges.
Our strategy department is responsible for identifying the opportunities in digital for our clients through understanding people and how digital technology affects their behavior, delivering strategies that move people closer to our client’s brand, and helping to develop creative solutions that meet the needs of both our clients and their consumers. The department relies on creative thinkers with a healthy obsession with digital technology, who are driven to discover what makes people tick.
The Strategy department at Mingle consists of designers, digital strategists, data analysts, UX specialists, and community managers and you’ll be given the chance to learn from all of them. However, you’ll really get to develop your skills and experience when you get to work with wider agency and take ownership of your own projects.
You’ll need to be a fast learner, who’s prepared to work across a range of work and embrace new challenges on a daily basis.
You must be interested in:
- Digital technology, social media, and platforms
- Getting under the skin of brands and consumers
Skills we’d love to see:
- A combination of analytical skills, curiosity, and a strong interest in people
- Experience with Lean UX, and Lean Startup Methodologies
- Super brownie points if you can code in HTML/CSS
- Written communication skills
- Ability to construct and deliver presentations quickly
- Competent numeracy skills and ability to work with large amounts of data
- Able to work as part of team
- Ability simplify and pull out key insights from large amounts of data and research
- Ability to work under pressure
Start Date: July 1, 2013
Duration: 2 months
How to apply: Please send your CV and tell us in no more than 250 words why you should be our next intern. Applicants who submit creative videos will be given preference.
We offer you a great environment to work with passionate people in a dynamic and highly successful agency.
Hey there, we’re Mingle Media, the hottest new digital agency in San Francisco. We’re taking advertising and flipping it on its head with a 100% real time data approach to media buying.
We’re looking for someone who’s as obsessed with clean design & data as we are. You’ll work under the direction of our expert Design and Marketing team leader to enhance our users’ visual experience. We look for people with bold ideas, opinions, and an interest in what we do. This is a great opportunity to learn loads in a super fast-paced environment and sharpen your teeth on the quick-growing market of social, & mobile advertising.
- Are creative.
- Work well with others.
- Have a keen eye and attention to detail.
- Are passionate about typography.
- Have Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and preferably InDesign skills.
- Know what good photography looks like (bonus points if you’re a photographer yourself).
- Will get extra triple super bonus points if you’re an illustrator.
- Love to turn around work swiftly and efficiently.
- Understands & appreciates design thinking
- Pick things up quickly.
- Offer the opportunity to join a promising company at an early stage of growth.
- Promise your input will make a difference. You’ll be involved in everything from brainstorming straight through to delivery and implementation.
- Have a diverse staff from various backgrounds and a great company culture.
- Awesome loft style office located in the heart of SOMA, the hub of startup activity in San Francisco
Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, and make sure you include a link to a portfolio, all resumes submitted with out a portfolio link will not be considered for the position. You can also follow Mingle on Twitter for more info!
Citizen Space is the worlds first coworking space , and is located in the SOMA/South Park district of San Francisco.The space is for hard-working, fun-loving: entrepreneurs, designers, web and software developers, social media consultants, marketing professionals, etc.We’re looking for a passionate and hard-working individual who loves what coworking is all about and is will do what it takes to make Citizen Space thrive (while honing your marketing, client relations, and event management skills).
You will gain experience in the following areas:
- Marketing Communications: Assist with and lead marketing and outreach projects. Examples of the types of projects you will work on include: developing web site content, writing e-newsletter articles, designing e-newsletters, qualifying networking opportunities and working in social media. This role can grow or change depending on the interests of the intern. Possibility to work on graphic design projects.
- Membership/Visitor Relations: Be present in the space to answer resident, visitor and Drop-In inquiries. Help with general physical upkeep of the space. Other possible projects: Member Survey, Wiki redesign, Member lunches, misc research projects.
- Event Production: Assist with organization and coordination of evening (and occasionally weekend) events. This includes planning, answering questions, promoting, set up and clean up.
- Coworking: How coworking works (history and how to), current residents, entrepreneurial practices, small business management, community development, etc.
Terms: Internship: 15-18 hours/week (including occasional evenings/weekends for events); hours flexible. Small stipend available, plus use of Citizen Space for your own projects. You will also be part of this community and develop relationships with the 20 professionals that work in this space (who may offer paid work/internship opportunities as well)
Minimum commitment: 3 months. There is the possibility for this experience to turn into a paid part-time position at the end of the internship.
Qualifications. Mature, recent or soon-to-be college graduate or similar professional. Experience or interest in communications, marketing, community development or related areas. Must be detail-oriented, self-motivated, passionate, dependable, responsible and play well with others. Must be computer literate and have your own laptop. Sense of humor always appreciated.
To Apply: Email your resume and a cover letter explaining your work history, what you offer, what you hope to learn from Citizen Space, and why you stand out from other candidates.
No phone calls. Emails welcome. Email: Gina & Toby Morning, General Manager, & Owners at email@example.com (this is an email for internship applications/inquiries.)
Application deadline: asap
Internship to start date: June 15
Look forward to hearing from you!
We are thrilled to announce our Summer 2013 residency program to encourage the worlds DOER’S to succeed with their projects they would like to launch from our SF location.
A total of 5 DOER’s will receive free full-time resident access to a Citizen Space for three months valued at $425-$500 per month. The Citizen-in-Residence can take advantage of both the physical spaces & the communal resources.
In exchange, they work on a project of their choosing that helps the “COWORKING” community at large, documenting their progress through our social presences on Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube. At the end of the residency, Citizens-in-Residence do a presentation to members of local coworking spaces about their project.
Accepted Applicants will be announced June 15, two weeks prior to the residency start date. Our first Summer residency will start July 1, 2013 and the application process begins today.
To qualify, you must fall into one of the following categories: Social Good, Female Founder, Educational, Gaming.
We are also seeking support from local company’s to help us make this program a success. If your company or you personally would like to sponsor this program, please email us: firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.