Archive for 'Designers'
Hey there, we’re Mingle Media, the hottest new digital agency in San Francisco. We’re taking advertising and flipping it on its head with a 100% real time data approach to media buying.
We’re looking for someone who’s as obsessed with clean design & data as we are. You’ll work under the direction of our expert Design and Marketing team leader to enhance our users’ visual experience. We look for people with bold ideas, opinions, and an interest in what we do. This is a great opportunity to learn loads in a super fast-paced environment and sharpen your teeth on the quick-growing market of social, & mobile advertising.
- Are creative.
- Work well with others.
- Have a keen eye and attention to detail.
- Are passionate about typography.
- Have Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and preferably InDesign skills.
- Know what good photography looks like (bonus points if you’re a photographer yourself).
- Will get extra triple super bonus points if you’re an illustrator.
- Love to turn around work swiftly and efficiently.
- Understands & appreciates design thinking
- Pick things up quickly.
- Offer the opportunity to join a promising company at an early stage of growth.
- Promise your input will make a difference. You’ll be involved in everything from brainstorming straight through to delivery and implementation.
- Have a diverse staff from various backgrounds and a great company culture.
- Awesome loft style office located in the heart of SOMA, the hub of startup activity in San Francisco
Email your resume to email@example.com, and make sure you include a link to a portfolio, all resumes submitted with out a portfolio link will not be considered for the position. You can also follow Mingle on Twitter for more info!
Citizen Space is the worlds first coworking space , and is located in the SOMA/South Park district of San Francisco.The space is for hard-working, fun-loving: entrepreneurs, designers, web and software developers, social media consultants, marketing professionals, etc.We’re looking for a passionate and hard-working individual who loves what coworking is all about and is will do what it takes to make Citizen Space thrive (while honing your marketing, client relations, and event management skills).
You will gain experience in the following areas:
- Marketing Communications: Assist with and lead marketing and outreach projects. Examples of the types of projects you will work on include: developing web site content, writing e-newsletter articles, designing e-newsletters, qualifying networking opportunities and working in social media. This role can grow or change depending on the interests of the intern. Possibility to work on graphic design projects.
- Membership/Visitor Relations: Be present in the space to answer resident, visitor and Drop-In inquiries. Help with general physical upkeep of the space. Other possible projects: Member Survey, Wiki redesign, Member lunches, misc research projects.
- Event Production: Assist with organization and coordination of evening (and occasionally weekend) events. This includes planning, answering questions, promoting, set up and clean up.
- Coworking: How coworking works (history and how to), current residents, entrepreneurial practices, small business management, community development, etc.
Terms: Internship: 15-18 hours/week (including occasional evenings/weekends for events); hours flexible. Small stipend available, plus use of Citizen Space for your own projects. You will also be part of this community and develop relationships with the 20 professionals that work in this space (who may offer paid work/internship opportunities as well)
Minimum commitment: 3 months. There is the possibility for this experience to turn into a paid part-time position at the end of the internship.
Qualifications. Mature, recent or soon-to-be college graduate or similar professional. Experience or interest in communications, marketing, community development or related areas. Must be detail-oriented, self-motivated, passionate, dependable, responsible and play well with others. Must be computer literate and have your own laptop. Sense of humor always appreciated.
To Apply: Email your resume and a cover letter explaining your work history, what you offer, what you hope to learn from Citizen Space, and why you stand out from other candidates.
No phone calls. Emails welcome. Email: Gina & Toby Morning, General Manager, & Owners at firstname.lastname@example.org (this is an email for internship applications/inquiries.)
Application deadline: asap
Internship to start date: June 15
Look forward to hearing from you!
We are thrilled to announce our Summer 2013 residency program to encourage the worlds DOER’S to succeed with their projects they would like to launch from our SF location.
A total of 5 DOER’s will receive free full-time resident access to a Citizen Space for three months valued at $425-$500 per month. The Citizen-in-Residence can take advantage of both the physical spaces & the communal resources.
In exchange, they work on a project of their choosing that helps the “COWORKING” community at large, documenting their progress through our social presences on Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube. At the end of the residency, Citizens-in-Residence do a presentation to members of local coworking spaces about their project.
Accepted Applicants will be announced June 15, two weeks prior to the residency start date. Our first Summer residency will start July 1, 2013 and the application process begins today.
To qualify, you must fall into one of the following categories: Social Good, Female Founder, Educational, Gaming.
We are also seeking support from local company’s to help us make this program a success. If your company or you personally would like to sponsor this program, please email us: email@example.com for more information.
I mustache you to switch to Uber.
Standing outside of Citizen Space, the birthplace of coworking, I see an infographic style ad billboard drive by encouraging me to “shave the stache”.
For weeks I have been waiting on Kanye’s response to Ray J’s “I hit it first” single but now that Uber has taken a direct shot at Lyft, my attention is on the private driver services.
This is the first direct attack I have seen to date and it raises a bunch of interesting questions. How will Lyft respond to this? Is this a good move by Uber? Is Uber willing to say they will quit driving forever if they don’t outsell Lyft like 50 said he would quit rapping forever if he didn’t outsell Kanye?
I guess the best we can do is sit back and watch this play out!
Nick Ochoa, Mingle Media
What is the goal of your app and how to do you measure its success? Do you know what features in your app or website are used most? Do you know what landing page converts more visitors? Is your company trying to become more “data-driven” or follow the lean startup methodology? In this introduction to analytics class, we’ll review some of the cool ways you can use analytics to improve your product.
The class will start off with a presentation on analytics practices and tools. We’ll review concepts like event tracking, A/B testing, segmentation, conversion, and retention. In the second half of the class, we’ll explore a sample data set and do some hands-on exercises that illustrate data modeling and querying.
This class will be taught by Michelle Wetzler, a data engineer at Keen IO. There are no prerequisites for this class. Just bring your laptop and your desire to learn.
Get Tickets online here