Archive for 'Internships'
We are thrilled to establish a residency program to encourage the worlds DOER’S to succeed with their projects they would like to launch from one of our 3 bay area locations.
A total of 5 DOER’s per location will receive free full-time resident access to a Citizen Space for three months valued at $425-$500 per month. The Citizen-in-Residence can take advantage of both the physical spaces & the communal resources.
In exchange, they work on a project of their choosing that help the “COWORKING” community at large, documenting their progress through our social presences on Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube. At the end of the residency, Citizens-in-Residence do a presentation to members of local coworking spaces about their project.
Accepted Applicants will be announced starting six weeks prior to the residency start date. The first residency will start Feb 2013 and the application process begins December 26, 2012.
We are also seeking support from local company’s to help us make this program a success. If your company or you personally would like to sponsor this program, please email us: firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
It has been one month since I arrived here, the U.S. and three weeks since I started to work here at Citizen Space where I am working as an intern from Japan. When I heard about the concept of “CoWorking” I was really excited. “I’ve never heard like this idea in Japan!” Today, I would like to write how I feel in this office now about this new concept “CoWorking” from my point of view.
We love what we do — and it shows! Citizen Events is the new division of Citizen Space which creates and runs “fun and educational experiences for people” across the world. From events like Route to India cooking classes & Wine Tastings to Photography classes on weekends to Entrepreneurial events, your job is to dream up amazingly fun and educational experiences for fun smart people to do near their city. Each city has 1 full-time Experience Manager who creates the events and manages a part-time staff when needed to ensure that our events and classes are incredible.
As a part-time Experience manager you are responsible for the execution of our events from concept to execution. Whether you are handling talent booking, location scouting, customer registration, giving a welcome speech, or initiating a dance party, you are engaging with our customers and making sure that everyone is having a great time. Experience Managers should be smart, dynamic, friendly, and full of life — they are the heartbeat of our new division!
Passion combined with healthy doses of contagious energy, smarts and fun — then sprinkle in a sense of humor — that’s us! Basically, we’re the ones you take home to meet Mom.
What does an Experience Manager do?
• Books locations, talent, sources experience partners, works with our re-seller network to book dates, publishes events and classes to our sites
• Acts as the “face” of Citizen Space throughout the course of the event: engages with everyone while still maintaining full control of the event, from logistics to safety
• Pays attention to every detail and ensures that each event is run seamlessly
• Ensure that our customers are having fun and enjoying the event
• Manages event coordinators for each experience assuring quality control of experiences and classes
• Four-year Bachelor’s degree
• Dynamic, engaging and exciting personality
• A great sense of humor
• Consistently fun with a strong work ethic
• Preferably 2+ years of professional experience
• Demonstrated social leadership in various facets of life
• Ability to be “on” for a full day or weekend
• Flexibility – you have to be willing to run a Hackathon event one weekend and a cooking class the next week, followed by a beer tasting the week after
This position can quickly become full time for the right candidate!
Send resumes to email@example.com (please do not call)
Citizen Space created coworking, and revolutionized the workplace, now the company plans to do the same for housing. Citizen Space is a profitable, fast-growing company expanding into the online marketplace industry. The company plans on giving everyday people the ability to monetize their most valuable assets, whether it is an extra bedroom, vacation rental, castle, boat, tree house or trailer, Cohouse.ly can help.
With a strong management team of experts, we are creating a highly successful and unique organization.
This is a truly exciting role. The National Business Development Manager will represent Cohouse.ly in the quest to secure new and fruitful opportunities, partnerships and growth in local and national markets. We are looking for an outstanding individual to join the executive management team. You have the passion, drive and vision to build one of the most exciting and rapidly expanding companies of our time.
You will be driving new partnerships and collaborative opportunities within multiple sectors, from a local estate-agent chain to national travel brands and international blue-chip companies. You will flawlessly present the Cohouse.ly brand and facilitate its ongoing expansion.
You are one of the world’s most motivated individuals, somebody that really makes a difference. Moreover you implement the guiding principles of Citizen Space culture: based on Collaboration, openness, community, and accessibility not at least about enjoying your workplace!
• Identify opportunities for new business and partnerships in the US
• Manufacture and structure win-win proposals with potential corporation partners
• Impeccably and professionally present proposals and follow-through to completion
• Maintain direct and constant interaction with our MD and work within a team environment
• Develop and execute national development strategies aimed at exceeding financial targets
• Uniquely identify emerging trends and acquire in-depth knowledge about key industry performance indicators
• Entrepreneurial spirit: willingness to take part in building up operational setup
• Promote young, vibrant and innovative Citizen Space culture
• Must have masters degree or MBA, or equivalent industry experience
• Must have entrepreneurial approach to business and a strong understanding of start-ups
• At least three years work experience, preferably in VC-firms, investment banking, start-ups, M&A or business consulting
• Strong business acumen
• Impeccable communication skills, energetic approach, self-motivation and ability to work independently are all essential
• Interest in emerging internet trends
• Positive attitude, professional appearance and ability to work as a team member, communicate with others and share responsibility to work towards common goals.
• Proven track record of successful Business Development (for a start-up is a plus)
• An existing resource of relevant contacts are a plus
• Must have fantastic presentation skills
• Must be a creative thinker
Sounds like you? Great – Email us your resume
Since I was interested in becoming teacher myself, I decided to have an interview with Stevie who is the community manager of Skillshare. I’d like to share some of the tips she gave me to become master teacher in Skillshare.
Gaining a trust from students
In order to attract students in Skillshare, teacher has to have credibility. How can I earn that trust? Stevie told me that teaching is the only way to construct the good relationship between your students. Get endorsement from people who liked the class and be open to critical feedbacks to improve yourself to become Master Teacher.
However it is sometimes hard to take the first step. For those shy teachers Skillshare organizes class on designing the classes which staff of Skillshare will kindly walk you through picking a class topic, designing your first class, and all the other steps you need.
Building course for your class and create community
Another important concept of Skillshare is “course”. Many other P2P teaching platform just offers intermittent contents but Skillshare encourage teachers to create course with different level of difficulty so that students can improve their skill with continuous support from same teacher.
Becoming Master Teacher
You can also earn the trust by becoming Master Teacher.
Here are some of the criterias you have to overcome.
- Should apply or be nominated by the Skillshare team
- Have taught several amazing classes with EVEN MORE lined up
- Have lots of loving feedback from students
- Have a detailed & personalized profile that links to Twitter, Facebook, and beyond
- Are capable of receiving 15+ endorsements per quarter
Stevie emphasize the importance of endorsement because after all, it’s the student who decides the best teacher in the campus!
Skillshare’s mission is to transform education by empowering teaching and democratizing learning. Every human being is natural teacher! Transform every place to school! (They even once had class in subway, teaching “how to talk to stranger). I’m sure the future of Skillshare will replace the traditional education system with high tuition.
You want to help accomplish this mission? Skillshare is looking for Account Executive who could help recruit great teachers. For more information, click here for more information about this role.
Follow all my adventures in the US here on our Facebook page.