Archive for 'Las Vegas'
Citizen Space is a coworking space for hard-working, fun-loving: entrepreneurs, designers, web and software developers, social media consultants, marketing professionals, etc. We’re looking for a few passionate and hard-working individual who is interested in coworking and is willing do what it takes to make Citizen Space thrive (while honing your marketing, client relations, and event management skills).
You will gain experience in the following areas:
- Marketing Communications: Assist with and lead marketing and outreach projects. Examples of the types of projects you will work on include: developing web site content, writing e-newsletter articles, designing e-newsletters, qualifying networking opportunities and working in social media. This role can grow or change depending on the interests of the intern.
- Membership/Visitor Relations: Be present in the space to answer resident, visitor and Drop-In inquiries. Help with general physical upkeep of the space. Other possible projects: Member Survey, Member events (lunches, happy hour, etc.), misc research projects.
- Event Production: Assist with organization and coordination of evening (and occasionally weekend) events. This includes planning, answering questions, promoting, set up and clean up.
- Coworking: How coworking works (history and how to), current residents, entrepreneurial practices, small business management, community development, etc.
Terms: Internship: 15-18 hours/week (including occasional evenings/weekends for events); hours flexible. Small stipend available, plus use of Citizen Space for your own projects. You will also be part of this community and develop relationships with the professionals that work in this space (who may offer paid work/internship opportunities as well)
Minimum commitment: 3 months. There is the possibility for this experience to turn into a paid part-time position at the end of the internship.
Qualifications. Mature, recent or soon-to-be college graduate or similar professional. Experience or interest in communications, marketing, community development or related areas. Must be detail-oriented, self-motivated, passionate, responsible and play well with others. Must be computer literate and have your own laptop. Sense of humor always appreciated.
To Apply: Email your resume and a cover letter explaining your work history, what you offer, what you hope to learn from Citizen Space, and why you stand out from other candidates.
No phone calls. Emails welcome. Email: Toby Morning, Chief Evangelist
(this is an email for internship applications/inquiries.)
Application deadline: ASAP
Application review period: Sep
Internship to start date: Oct 1
Locations Available: SOMA, San Jose, Las Vegas
Look forward to hearing from you!
To make the best out of your co working endeavor, here’s a few of tips you may need.
1. Examine your options
Before you pin down your choice, scope out the other options. There are several types of coworking spaces atmosphere and interaction with members varies at each space. Make sure you pick out what you think is best suited to your needs.
2. Make yourself known
Introducing yourself may feel like you’re stepping out of your personal boundaries but puts off the feeling of being awkward around others and evokes an aura of camaraderie.
3. Know your coworkers further
Take interest in what they do and spend time to converse and socialize. Shake off that shyness.
4. Join Forces
Coworking is all about collaboration. Do not have second thoughts about letting your thoughts and ideas out.
5. You can also retreat to your own harbor of silence
Well, you certainly need to work apart from all that socializing. If you need some concentration, you can opt to seclude your ears and shut it off from any form of distraction with one of those cool pairs of Beats by Dre headphones and some cool music.
Are you interested in learning more about coworking at a Citizen Space, checkout our membership pages, or give us a call at 415-501-9155 for SF, and 408-556-9769 for San Jose.