Archive for 'San Jose'
MOVE-IN SPECIALS FOR LAST WEEK OF DECEMBER 2011!!!
$999 – Lite Membership
Includes 3 months fees and deposit fee. Must pay upfront to secure this deal!
$1199 – Full Membership
Includes 3 months fees and deposit fee. Must pay upfront to secure this deal!!
$699 – Team Special
Includes 2 Tables/ 4 Memberships. Month-to-Month Deal
$425 – Café Membership Per Quarter/Receive Mail here!
Or $200.00, Drop-in Member Month-to-Month Fees
$150.00 – Drop-in Members – if you pay 3 months in advance
Or $200.00, Drop-in Member Month-to-Month Fees
So, if you’re interested in more information, or want to become a member before special ends, shoot me an e-mail! You can do that here: email@example.com
We love what we do — and it shows! Citizen Events is the new division of Citizen Space which creates and runs “fun and educational experiences for people” across the world. From events like Route to India cooking classes & Wine Tastings to Photography classes on weekends to Entrepreneurial events, your job is to dream up amazingly fun and educational experiences for fun smart people to do near their city. Each city has 1 full-time Experience Manager who creates the events and manages a part-time staff of Experience Coordinators to ensure that our events and classes are incredible.
As a part-time Experience manager you are responsible for the execution of our events from concept to execution. Whether you are handling talent booking, location scouting, customer registration, giving a welcome speech, or initiating a dance party, you are engaging with our customers and making sure that everyone is having a great time. Experience Managers should be smart, dynamic, friendly, and full of life — they are the heartbeat of our new division!
Passion combined with healthy doses of contagious energy, smarts and fun — then sprinkle in a sense of humor — that’s us! Basically, we’re the ones you take home to meet Mom.
What does an Experience Manager do?
• Books locations, talent, sources experience partners, works with our re-seller network to book dates, publishes events and classes to our sites
• Acts as the “face” of Citizen Space throughout the course of the event: engages with everyone while still maintaining full control of the event, from logistics to safety
• Pays attention to every detail and ensures that each event is run seamlessly
• Ensure that our customers are having fun and enjoying the event
• Manages event coordinators for each experience assuring quality control of experiences and classes
• Four-year Bachelor’s degree
• Dynamic, engaging and exciting personality
• A great sense of humor
• Consistently fun with a strong work ethic
• Preferably 2+ years of professional experience
• Demonstrated social leadership in various facets of life
• Ability to be “on” for a full day or weekend
• Flexibility – you have to be willing to run a Hackathon event one weekend and a cooking class the next week, followed by a beer tasting the week after
This position can quickly become full time for the right candidate!
Send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org (please do not call)
The time has come: our new banners are here! We are looking for feedback from our community, so please take a moment to check out our new banners and vote for your favorite one!
New Banner 1- The Dolls!
New Banner 2- The Coworker!
So what do you think? Let us know!
As the holidays quickly approach, so does the season for generosity. In the spirit of giving back to the community, Citizen Space has launched a food drive to benefit San Francisco Food Bank, a community non-profit dedicated to feeding the hungry.
Hunger manifests itself as a consistent lack of enough food to meet nutritional requirements. It can mean fewer meals each day and poor-quality food that is calorie-rich but nutrient-poor.
In San Francisco, 197,000 people struggle each day to feed themselves and their families. In Marin, just over 40,000 people – or 16% of the population – face the threat of hunger on a given day.
Citizen Space will be collecting canned food goods at our SF & San Jose locations from now through the end of the year. To reward all for participating in the food drive, we are offering 50% off of or regular drop-in rate for every person who donates five or more canned food items for the drive!
Citizen Space is also reaching out to other coworking establishments in San Francisco to build an all-star community of donors, with hopes of feeding more hungry people this holiday season. Interested in contributing? E-mail Matt to join our team!
Giving back to the community with a round of #coworking, on us: doesn’t get much better! Check out our team’s page today: http://holidaydrive.sffoodbank.org/team/8045388066
Citizen Space is the world’s first coworking space located at 425 2nd Street, in the SoMa district of San Francisco. The idea of Citizen Space is to take the best elements of a coffee shop (social, energetic, creative) and the best elements of a workspace (productive, functional) and combine them to give indie workers the chance to have their own, affordable space. Citizen Space was built on coworking philosophy. Our residents (past and present) range from: software engineers, web developers, social media consultants/strategists, graphic designers, product designers, public relations specialists, and sustainable web hosting entrepreneurs.
Citizen Space is a coworking space for hard-working, fun-loving: entrepreneurs, designers, web and software developers, social media consultants, marketing professionals, etc. We’re looking for a few passionate and hard-working individual who is interested in coworking and is willing do what it takes to make Citizen Space thrive (while honing your marketing, client relations, and event management skills).
You will gain experience in the following areas:
- Marketing Communications: Assist with and lead marketing and outreach projects. Examples of the types of projects you will work on include: developing web site content, writing e-newsletter articles, designing e-newsletters, qualifying networking opportunities and working in social media. This role can grow or change depending on the interests of the intern.
- Membership/Visitor Relations: Be present in the space to answer resident, visitor and Drop-In inquiries. Help with general physical upkeep of the space. Other possible projects: Member Survey, Member events (lunches, happy hour, etc.), misc research projects.
- Event Production: Assist with organization and coordination of evening (and occasionally weekend) events. This includes planning, answering questions, promoting, set up and clean up.
- Coworking: How coworking works (history and how to), current residents, entrepreneurial practices, small business management, community development, etc.
Terms: Internship: 15-18 hours/week (including occasional evenings/weekends for events); hours flexible. Small stipend available, plus use of Citizen Space for your own projects. You will also be part of this community and develop relationships with the professionals that work in this space (who may offer paid work/internship opportunities as well)
Minimum commitment: 3 months. There is the possibility for this experience to turn into a paid part-time position at the end of the internship.
Qualifications. Mature, recent or soon-to-be college graduate or similar professional. Experience or interest in communications, marketing, community development or related areas. Must be detail-oriented, self-motivated, passionate, responsible and play well with others. Must be computer literate and have your own laptop. Sense of humor always appreciated.
To Apply: Email your resume and a cover letter explaining your work history, what you offer, what you hope to learn from Citizen Space, and why you stand out from other candidates.
No phone calls. Emails welcome. Email: Toby Morning, Chief Evangelist
(this is an email for internship applications/inquiries.)
Application deadline: ASAP
Application review period: Sep
Internship to start date: Oct 1
Locations Available: SOMA, San Jose, Las Vegas
Look forward to hearing from you!