CITIZEN SPACE is currently seeking a freelance Art Director to lead visual design initiatives for some innovative client projects. These are major consumer facing websites and we’re looking for someone with experience working on large-scale engagements for the internet’s most highly trafficked content properties and ecommerce sites.
CITIZEN SPACE Art Directors report to the Creative Director and work alongside the Client Services, User Experience, and Technology Teams. They are responsible for developing creative concepts and approaches with the project team, developing original design concepts as well as oversee project design all the way through execution. They are also responsible for presenting work to executive level client stakeholders and representing CITIZEN SPACE’s visual design process and integrity at all stages of an engagement. Art Directors are also responsible for providing art direction and leadership to designers working on their project teams, scoping design phases of projects accurately and efficiently as well as attend pitches and industry events as required.
• 5+ years of interactive experience
• 2 years experience at top digital agency in an Art Director role or similar
• Strong conceptual thinking– both visual and interactive
• A solid understanding of designing intuitive site functionality, interaction, user interfaces, and navigation
• Driven to define the look and feel of large, industry-leading sites
• Strong leadership skills- ability to lead a team, manage and mentor junior designers
• Strong communication skills- ability to interface with clients as well as work with teams internally
• A great attitude- We value our creative talent tremendously and show it, but we operate a prima-donna free work zone
Email us your resume, a link to your most recent portfolio, and your Linked In profile to be consider for this immediate position.